Friday, July 13, 2007

Charlottesville Lunch Run

Marissa and I took a long weekend and ran away to the beach. Before we left, I decided that Mom and I needed to do another flight. And what better way to do that than a quick run down to Charlottesville? We had a million miles of visability and favorable winds, and in just about 30 minutes we were parking the plane by the general aviation building.

I went in to get the plane gassed up, and casually asked about getting in to town for lunch. The lady at the desk tossed me a set of keys to the comp car. Away we went to my favorite diner in town. When we returned, the plane was gassed up and ready to go. I can get used to this.

On the flight back, we had a nice tailwind, getting ground speeds over 130 knots. Not bad for the small bird. A nice landing despite a solid crosswind back at Manassas, and that was that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home