Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Boy, it's dusty around here


September 7th, 2007.

That's the last entry here. Damn. Let's start this over.

2009 is the year I reinvest myself to flying. I spent 2008 with a bad case of the yips, and a moderate case of boredom. While the Cessna 172 I was renting was a perfectly fine airplane, I never quite got the hang of the landings. So I tried out a Piper Warrior. It's like flying a Ford F-150. It's great for what it does, but it is an older plane. I don't trust it much, either.

So, you see that glorious modern machine up there? That's the Diamond DA40, with the Garmin G1000 avionics suite. It is, in a word, awesome. It goes fast, it does it effeciently, and it is just fun as hell. I have every intention of flying the hell out of it this year.

I also plan on gaining as much piloting knowledge as possible this year. On the docket is acrobatic flight training for safety, and probably the instrument rating.

I plan on flying the NYC Hudson corridor. I plan on flying back to Boston for a weekend. I absolutely have to fly down to Kitty Hawk. One thing I will not do, though, is wimp out and find excuses not to fly.

If you've just stumbled upon here, welcome. If you're one of the six people who ever pop in here, welcome back.

1 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Glad to see you back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home